GYFS is always excited to welcome new volunteers! If you are passionate about growing healthy food, working with children and want to make a difference, get in touch!
Some areas where we accept volunteers:
- Help us for a day, or at events like building a new garden, or renovating and revamping an old one
- Become a GYFS Board Member
- Summer Camp Assistants
Please contact us to find out more!
About our Grower Educators
- Within the structured and supervised program, Grower Educators provide the mentorship required to teach students
- All Grower Educators are experienced in growing and producing healthy food. They also have experience in supervising and/or teaching school-age children.
- All of our Grower Educators are required to undergo a criminal record check before working with children.
For each weekly school visit, our Grower Educators come prepared to mentor and supervise the GYFS classroom. They work with the GYF Program Director to ensure that all the learning outcomes are covered and that the gardens are successful. We invite teachers to determine their own level of involvement and encourage the use of GYF classes to complement and reinforce their teaching material.
GYFS is always grateful for donations from our community and individuals who wish to support our cause. Donations come in all shapes and sizes, whether it is a donation of time and labour, supplies and tools, or financial, we appreciate any and all contributions!